Celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Mel B swear by it. I’ve never used it until about a year ago. What am I referring to? Body Oil. Specifically – Bio Oil.
What is Bio Oil?
Taken from the website:
Bio-Oil is a specialist skincare oil that helps improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks and uneven skin tone. It is also effective for aging and dehydrated skin. Bio-Oil has won 332 skincare awards and has become the No.1 selling scar and stretch mark product in 24 countries since its global launch in 2002.
I’ve heard a lot of pregnant mums swear by it to help combat the appearance of stretch marks. I have a few stretch marks around my body, and I’m not going to lie – I didn’t see instant results. I believe you will need to use it consistently to see visible results. But what else can it be used for? I scoured the internet for uses and put it to the test.
- Hair oil – run a few drops through your hair to tame the flyaways and the frizz.
- Lip Balm – rub a bit onto the lips for a softer result
- Eye makeup remover – apply a few drops to a cotton round and use it to gently remove eye makeup
- Body Moisturiser – Massage a few drops onto damp skin to retain that dewy look and feel
- Facial – Put a few drops onto a warm face towel and sit back and relax. This was an interesting one. My skin felt nice, but I don’t know how much I would attribute to the Bio Oil and how much was because of the steam from the warm face towel.
- Cuticle oil – rub a few drops of Bio Oil onto your cuticles to soften them
The oil smelled nice and it was easy to apply. My skin wasn’t too greasy after using the oil. I do have to use a lot to maintain moisture on my dehydrated skin. I find that using Bio Oil after a nice warm shower helps. But I have to admit that I didn’t notice a miraculous fading of the scars and stretch marks around my body. I will keep at it and let you know how it works out.
Have you used Bio oil before? What do you use it for – share your tips below.