The wonderful Huda from Huda Beauty has officially proclaimed today as Lipstick Day. And so, to celebrate, I bought myself a little gift – a keepsake from a brand that I’ve never purchased makeup from before.
I have to tell you that it was really intimidating to actually walk into a Chanel store and browse through their makeup collection before deciding on what to buy (really, I just picture celebrities and rich tourists walking into the store – me? No way!). But I needn’t have worried because the staff at the Chanel store at Highpoint Shopping Centre were lovely; they were welcoming and more than happy to show me around, answer any questions and most importantly, leave me alone to have a browse around without constantly hovering around. It made my shopping experience really enjoyable and I wouldn’t think twice about going back again.
Over the years, I have accumulated some lipsticks. While it’s not as many as some people I know, I’m pretty excited by my collection. I tend to favour the matte lipsticks in Autumn and Winter and the balms and satins ones in Summer.
- Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Cassis
- Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo in Recit
- Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry
- Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour in Devotion
- Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour in Flirt
- Rimmel Colour Rush in Keep Mauving
- Rimmel The Only 1 in One-of-A-Kind
- Maybelline New York Matte in Touch of Spice
- Maybelline New York Matte in Divine Wine
- Urban Decay Matte Lipstick in Bad Blood
I also sometimes tend to use these blushes as lip stains:
- Kevyn Aucoin blush in Mystere
- Benefit Benetint and Cha–Cha tint
- Models Prefer lip and cheek tints
I have a blog post on blushes coming out soon and I talk more about these products.
Happy Lipstick Day Everyone!
Are you a lipstick junkie? How many lipsticks do you own and what’s your favorite brand?