Most mornings, I leap out of bed; not because I’m a morning person, but because I’ve realised I hit the snooze button one too many times. It’s usually on these days that I don’t have time to apply make up at home because I’m running really late; I grab my essentials and head to work (secretly hoping that I don’t bump into anyone I know because I look like the crazy cat lady from The Simpsons).
My signature look for a regular day at work (or when I’m really pressed for time), is understated yet chic. It involves a smooth base, neutral smokey eye, liner, a subtle hint of blush and lipstick.
- L’Oreal True Match Foundation in Honey
- Revlon Blush in Flushed (I’m currently testing this one out for an upcoming post – stay tuned for more!)
- Revlon Colourstay Pressed Powder in Tranclucent
- The Balm Eye primer Put a Lid on It
- Dior Mini Eyeshadow Palette in 646
- Rimmel Brow this Way in Medium Brown
- Stila Liquid liner in Intense Black
- Bobbi Brown kajal liner in Black Coffee
- Maybelline New York The Falsies Push up Drama Mascara
- Rimmel The One Lipstick in One of a Kind
- ELF lip liner in Ruby
- Designer Brands buffing brush
- Designer Brands eyeshadow blending brush
- Designer Brands eyeshadow blush
- Daiso Eyelash curler
I carry these around with me in a handy little pouch (it’s one of the Gift With Purchase ones from Moroccanoil) and even use it after I go to the gym during my lunch break.
I tend to favor the neutral smokey eye for work because it’s super easy to recreate in a hurry (read: in the car in a poorly lit corner of the parking lot just in case someone you know sees you), looks polished and gives your eyes some natural depth. A neutral smokey eye is a perfect base for when you want to amp up your look for an evening out (for instance, when you want to catch up with colleagues after work).
What is your signature look for a day at the office? Are you like me and favour neutrals or are you bold and prefer to express your artistic traits using makeup?